Background

Friday, December 10, 2010

Roasted Ruby Tomatoes

This is a super quick and easy recipe to jazz up those veggies. These are especially great if you are just eating something simple like a chicken breast and want a little something special for your side. They also work well if you are cooking for company and you want to be healthy, but don't want to be boring.

WARNING: If you ever invite me to anything that requires me to bring food, I will bring either vegetables or dessert.

I'm a pretty basic person when I cook for myself. For the last couple nights I ate chicken breast that I had marinated in low-fat buttermilk, then seasoned and baked, with a salad on the side. I try to be a bit more exciting for other people though...

Roasted Ruby Tomatoes

1/2 lb cherry or grape tomatoes
1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
garlic powder, salt, and pepper

1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Combine tomatoes and olive oil in bowl. Toss to evenly coat tomatoes.
3. Season with garlic powder, salt, and pepper to taste.
4. Transfer in a single layer to a small baking sheet. Bake for 6 to 9 minutes, or until some of the tomato skins begin to split.
5. Serve immediately.

It may not seem important to serve immediately, but it is! These smelled and tasted the best right out of the oven.

So what did I tell ya? Easy, right?!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting this! I've been craving this all day. I've been thinking frantically what to make so I can eat this with it. Yum yum yum

    ReplyDelete