Background

Monday, May 9, 2011

Walking

This has been quite the difficult week for me. One thing that is making my life particularly stressful is the impending repair of my husband's car. Before his deployment, we had one car and it was alright. I walked to the grocery store sometimes, but I really couldn't do a lot more than that. When he deployed and I got the car all the time, well, that spoiled me a little, and we decided it was time to be a two-car family, for the sake of my mental health. Within the first week or so of his return, we bought a used car. It's a VW, which means it is AWESOME, and it drives like a dream, but because of the mileage it was only a matter of time before something would need to be repaired. That just comes with the territory of buying something someone else may have abused.

Then on Wednesday as my hubby is driving home, the clutch gives out. As you may know, that's an expensive repair, and without it you just can't drive your car. Simple as that...

So now I'm stranded at home again, waiting for the parts to come in. I miss my car, but there are a few things that I now remember about walking:

1. I miss walking! When you have a car, you get lazy. It's true. Don't bother denying it. I think I'm going to make the effort to walk more. I don't think my new resolve to walk will continue when it starts snowing, but I can sure enjoy it now!
2. Gas is way too expensive to be using it when you don't have to. The grocery store is literally one mile from me. Why the heck do I drive there?! I'm still going to drive when I have a big shop to do, but there are times I drive there to pick up milk. Just milk. It's time to stop being so wasteful!
3. It wears the baby out. Who would have thought that sitting in a stroller could be so tiring? I think this beautiful sun makes my kid nap, and who doesn't want that?!
4. It's relaxing. Driving can be stressful sometimes. I don't exactly know why, but it is. Taking a nice stroll gives you time to think and focus.
5. It's healthy! Walking is an extra little thing we can do each day to keep healthy. The more active you are, the better you feel!

It's good for you; it's good for your wallet. Who else is making the goal to walk more?

1 comment:

  1. Love your attitude! Great reminder; I need to walk more too!

    ReplyDelete