Background

Monday, October 18, 2010

Chocolate Peanut Butter Breakfast Pudding

If you haven't figured it out by now, my diet weakness is sweets. I have easily given up fast food, and I do pretty well when it comes to healthy meals. I can honestly tell you that I don't think I've ever bought a bag of potato chips (unless bringing it to a party) or eaten anything bigger than a single patty burger. I never even get the cheese! Even at my biggest I'd bring home leftovers whenever I went out. So now, because I've been trying out all these new delicious recipes, it's been even easier to stay on target when it comes to meals. It's just that pesky sweet-tooth that gets away from me.

With colder weather coming our way (which makes me want to hide under my bed sheets and cry), I've decided to share a hearty oatmeal recipe today. Don't worry, I actually hate most oatmeal, so you know this has to be worth trying. And it has chocolate and peanut butter in the title, so really, how bad could it be? It tastes quite similar to a cookie, in my opinion, satisfying your craving for sweets without the empty carbs of a chocolate cereal. It's certainly healthier for you, and more filling. Oatmeal is wonderful for you, so give this one a shot!

1/2 c old-fashioned rolled oats
1 packet fat-free, sugar-free hot cocoa mix
2 tsp reduced-fat peanut butter
pinch of salt
3/4 c water

Whisk all ingredients together until well combined. Microwave for 2.5 to 3 minutes. Stir and serve.

Quick, easy, filling. It'll keep you through that morning workout with all of its good carbs and protein. With 2 tsp of reduced-fat peanut butter, which is 1/3 of a serving, you only get 4 grams of fat from that and 2.5 grams of fat from your oats. Not bad for chocolate and peanut butter, eh? Sorry...gotta practice my Canadian for when my brother gets back :)

No comments:

Post a Comment