Background

Monday, September 27, 2010

Endorphins

She looks sweet and innocent, but you are being deceived!!!
This morning I woke up in a rotten mood. I was tense, impatient, and everything my sweet girl did frustrated me. Of course I did have to save her from a falling easel mirror that she pulled on top of herself by trying to climb it like Spiderbaby or something, but that's beside the point. I needed to chill out.

On the way to the gym I said a quick prayer to keep me from killing my child. It was something along the lines of begging for some patience because I can't seem to muster up any on my own today.

I finished my workout, got my toddler from the daycare section, and went on my merry way. I didn't even notice, but I was happy. I was talking sweetly to her, and once again she was an angel.

In the words of the ever-so-brilliant Elle Woods (Legally Blonde): "Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy. Happy people just don't shoot their husbands. They just don't!" That goes for toddlers too.

So the next time you think you may just lose it, think of Elle, and take a walk.

5 comments:

  1. Hahaha! Elle is right about just about everything!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite "Legally Blonde" line! Maybe there's some grumpy pollen in the air, but I had to take my dog for a walk in order to clear my mood today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jade is adorable in that picture! Feel free to drop her of at our house Aspen loves her friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great advice! I'm so glad I found your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! And yes, such great advice.

    ReplyDelete