Background

Thursday, September 16, 2010

My Story

I'd like to kick this off by sharing why healthy living has become so important to me.  Before anyone reads this and immediately becomes offended, I'll say that I am not here to pass judgment on anyone or boast and feel superior for my decisions or progress.  I'm simply here to share ideas and support, and maybe even motivate others to make changes they've been wanting to make.

Less than 6 months ago I weighed the most I had ever weighed in my life.  I blamed it on pregnancy, childbirth, surgery, being too busy, stress, anything that took the focus off of the real problem.  Certainly those things are a huge factor in body shape and size.  Anyone who's ever been pregnant can tell you that your body is never quite the same afterward.  And stress...don't even get me started!  Deep down, though, I knew I needed to change my lifestyle if I wanted to lose weight.  Unfortunately, aesthetics weren't a big enough incentive for me to put in the kind of effort necessary to change.

Then I found out that my dad had cancer, and that obesity can increase the risk of getting that type.  It scared me.  It scared me for him, and it scared me for my future.  I could just see myself getting bigger and bigger with every pregnancy, and I knew I had to do something.  It was like reality just sort of slapped me across the face and said, "Get with it!"  That's when I made the decision to be a healthier person.

So now I'm here, 30 pounds later, ready to keep going!  Who's ready to join me?


2 comments:

  1. I will join! I have also been working on my weight too! I am glad that you are doing good with your weight!!!!! Keep it going!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bravo to you. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete